We Admit It! After waiting what seems like forever – Freshman admission decisions have officially been released. After countless hours reading through your applications – from transcripts to essays and everything in between, we are finally ready to usher in the newest members of the Tribe. As we are posting this, applicants should be receiving an email regarding a decision update within their portal. Please read the entire list below for pertinent information regarding admission decisions.
- Decision notifications are sent by email, but the decision itself is loaded in your portal.
- Please check spam and junk folders in case the email update landed there instead of your inbox.
- Regardless of the outcome, every applicant receives a decision in their portal.
- Only those who have been admitted will receive a formal admission packet in the mail. This packet will be arriving in the coming days.
- For those who also applied to the St Andrews William & Mary Joint Degree Programme:
- If you are admitted to W&M, you will receive another decision in your portal for the Joint Degree Programme within one week from today.
- If you are not admitted to W&M, your decision for both W&M and the Joint Degree Programme will be in your portal tonight.
- At the time this blog is posted, the decisions have been uploaded to your portal.
Regardless of your decision outcome, we want to thank each and every one of you! You all have put countless hours into your academics and extracurriculars — and it has been an honor to be able to read all of your applications. We know that not everyone will be excited about the news they receive, but we do want to emphasize that everyone has a unique story and we are excited to see what all of you accomplish in the coming years, at William & Mary or beyond. While some of our staff may be taking much needed breaks in the coming days, we will still be ready and available to address any questions or concerns.
We have provided three additional blogs: one for those admitted, one for those waitlisted, and one for those who were denied admission. These blogs will hopefully address any immediate questions you may have and provide more insight on the decisions we have made.
Again, thank you for applying to be a part of our community, we are thankful for each and every one of you.
Important Note: If your application was complete (meaning you received an email from our office directly stating that your application was complete) and you do not receive a decision, DO NOT PANIC. Simply follow up with us in the coming days during normal business hours (757-221-4223, firstname.lastname@example.org) and we will investigate. Assuming your application was complete and a decision was uploaded to your portal, we will re-send the decision notification email, as well as send a copy of that decision in the mail, if requested.