We Admit It! Transfers, we can finally give you an update on the waitlist now that the May 15 deposit deadline has come and gone. The good news is that we are able to admit students from the waitlist. But, it’s important to keep in mind that just as with the freshman waitlist, this process takes time. There are very few hard and firm answers at this point. So below is what we do know and what we can share with those of you on the transfer waitlist.
- We have activated the transfer waitlist to admit a select group of additional students to begin in the fall
- Students selected by the Committee for admission will be contacted directly by phone (and by email if we cannot reach you by phone)
- Students who are admitted from the waitlist will be quickly brought into the fold with other enrolling transfers. They will still be able to attend our Transfer Welcome Day in June, they will be able to apply for on-campus housing and they have equal access to Orientation in August and to registering for courses (which occurs during Orientation in August)
- Students who continue to have updates to their applications (namely final transcripts and/or a continued statement of interest) can still send that information to our Director of Transfer Admission, Senior Assistant Dean Whitney Link
- This process will take time and will play out over the course of the next several weeks, and possibly longer. We appreciate everyone’s continued patience.
The big unknown is when all is said and done, exactly how many students we will admit from the transfer waitlist. Just as with our freshman class, the transfer cohort will change from day to day. As those who have already submitted a deposit get off other waitlists or make other plans, how much use we are able to make of the waitlist will change along with it. That’s why this process simply takes time.
As any further updates become available, we will be sure to provide that information on this blog.
Wendy Livingston ’03, M.Ed. ‘09
Associate Dean of Admission