We Admit It! Now that the deposit deadline has passed, it is finally time for us to provide a waitlist update specific to our transfer applicants. The good news is that we are going to be able to admit students from the waitlist. But, it’s important to keep in mind that just as with the freshman waitlist, this process takes time. There are very few hard and firm answers at this point. Here is what we know:
- We have activated the transfer waitlist to admit a select group of additional students to begin at William & Mary in fall 2016.
- Waitlisted students selected by the Committee for admission will be contacted directly by phone (and by email if we cannot reach you by phone).
- Students who are admitted from the waitlist will be quickly brought into the fold with other enrolling transfers. They will be able to apply for on-campus housing and they will have equal access to Orientation in August and to registering for courses (which occurs during Orientation in August).
- Students who continue to have updates to their applications (namely final transcripts and/or a statement of continued interest) can still send that information to our Director of Transfer Admission, Senior Assistant Dean Whitney Link.
- This process will take time and will play out over the course of the next several weeks, and possibly longer. We appreciate everyone’s continued patience.
The big unknown is exactly how many students we will be able to admit from the transfer waitlist. Similar to our freshman class, the transfer cohort will change from day to day. As those who have already submitted a deposit get off other waitlists and/or make other plans, the number of students we are able to admit off of the waitlist will change as well. That’s why this process simply takes time.
As any further updates become available, we will be sure to provide that information on this blog. Thank you again to all of our applicants for your patience and understanding, and for your continued interest in William & Mary.
Assistant Dean of Admission