Dear procrastinators who are still wrapping up their applications and early birds who might be anxiously waiting for the decisions, here are some nontraditional facts and interesting things about William & Mary for you guys to take a tiny break:
- You do not want to miss the Grand Illumination firework show at Colonial Williamsburg!
- Free admission to buildings in Colonial Williamsburg for all William & Mary students!!!
- We have amazing coffee shops!! (said by a huge coffee addict)
- The only university that could compete with us is Princeton (since our beloved President Reveley graduated from there).
- Classes are small, so your professor can tell if you overslept through your 8 am.
- Want to experience 80 degrees in February? This is the right place.
- Run out of laundry detergent? The WATA buses can take you anywhere for free!
- Yes, we are a very liberal college but also a super inclusive one at the same time.
- Worry about where to get food at 2 am on Friday nights? We have WAWA that is open for 24 hours with great sandwiches and Mac&Cheese!
- Swem Library will be packed, the workload is manageable, and do not worry, you will get seats.
- No matter whether you are a transfer student or not, we all belong to one tribe, one family.
Hope those tips will be helpful for you to get better sense of what William & Mary is like from my perspective. Lastly, like I said before, the sun still rises and everything will be fine! Best of luck with your applications and hope to see you soon on campus!
-Alfred Ouyang ’18