Dad and the Bailout

This weekend was very busy – my dad came and spent a lot of time doing fun stuff with me.

We went out to dinner at McCormick & Schmick on Friday and caught up on things. He saw my apartment, and then I went to bed (after watching the debates, of course!)

Saturday was busier. We went to a lunch at Clyde’s with a bunch of people in the program and their families too. The food was delicious. I had a really great time meeting families and talking with new people. After lunch, a group of us went to see Romeo and Juliet at the Shakespeare Theater. It was absolutely amazing. All the roles were played by men, which added a new dimension to the play (and lent it an authentic air). It was easily the best portrayal of Romeo and Juliet that I have ever seen. My dad and I went to Arlington Cemetery after the play. We looked around for a little bit, but couldn’t get to the Tomb of the Unknowns, so we went back to Crystal City, where we ate dinner at Charlie Chiangs. I enjoyed it a lot. After dinner, my dad and I watched some TV and talked about life.

Sunday was fun too. We had a private tour of the National Gallery of Art, where we saw some of the most popular paintings in the gallery. I think everyone enjoyed the tour, and I saw so many things that I’ve only seen in books or heard about in class. My friends and my dad all want to go back to the National Gallery to spend more time looking at the art. We had lunch in smaller groups at the cafe inside the gallery at the end of the tour, which was also fantastic. Then I walked my dad out to the car, and I headed back to the apartment.

The rest of the weekend I spent doing chores and stuff. Nothing exciting…

Monday was busy as could be. I watched history in the making as the House failed to pass the resolution on the economic bailout, and saw the stock market fall as a result. It raised a lot of hackles in the office. When I got back after a long day of work, I watched a movie and took care of some business. Then Tucker called from Cuba and we talked for about an hour. After that, I ran a 5K and took a shower. By that time, I was ready to hit the sack for real!

Now I’m relaxing after another busy day at work. Luckily the stock market regained some strength today, which put people in the office back at ease a little. Things will probably be interesting tomorrow since Congress will technically be able to make some more progress on the bailout (they didn’t do much today because of Rosh Hashanah). I’m excited to see what happens…

Categories: Academics, Arts & Culture, Student Blogs, Study Away, W&M in Washington

No comments.

Comments are currently closed. Comments are closed on all posts older than one year, and for those in our archive.