Well it’s that time of year again. Finals are upon us. I have been “swemming” for the past few days, which means that I have been studying in Swem Library. Finals can be a stressful time, but W&M offers so many de-stressors and fun study breaks!
Here are my favorite ways to de-stress during finals:
- Play with the therapy dogs for 15 minutes! It’s a great study break and you’ll be so happy afterwards.
- Sit in one of the massage chairs on the first floor of Swem. They are a great way to loosen those muscles after a long night of studying!
- Get a free coloring book from the Swem Resource desk and color to your heart’s desire. It’s a great way to de-stress AND create artwork.
- Take a walk. Seriously, our campus is so beautiful. I love walking on old campus and reminding myself how lucky I am to go to an incredible school.
- Go ice-skating in Colonial Williamsburg. During the wintertime, Colonial Williamsburg builds a temporary ice-skating rink for the Williamsburg community to enjoy.
- Take a barre or yoga class at the Campus Recreation Center! It’s a great way to pump those endorphins!
- Treat yourself to a chocolate muffin at Swemromas, the coffee shop attached to Swem. It is so delicious and such a good reward for a hard night studying!
Students studying for finals on the second floor of Swem Library.
During finals season, W&M wants to make sure that students take care of themselves mentally, emotionally and physically. There are so many great resources on campus for students. Make sure to practice self-care, and remember to just keep on Swemming!