We Admit It! The waitlist is aptly named. Applicants wait, we wait, everyone waits for the class to settle. At this point, we have had a chance to review the incoming transfer cohort and we will be able to admit some students from the transfer waitlist for the fall semester. Exactly how many students remains to be seen, but as of now, we anticipate being able to admit a solid but select number of students. What follows is a rundown of how this process will play out over the coming weeks.
- The Committee will reconvene in the coming days to review those students remaining on the transfer waitlist to determine who among them is the most competitive for admission. PLEASE SEND IN AN UPDATED TRANSCRIPT AS SOON AS IT’S AVAILABLE. These can be very helpful as we make decisions regarding who to admit from the waitlist.
- Once those decisions are made, we will begin to contact those students we wish to admit. Those phone calls likely won’t be made until later this week at the earliest.
- We will attempt to reach students by phone first. We will follow up by email if we do not reach you by phone.
- We will begin by ascertaining if you still remain interested in W&M. Assuming you are, we will move the admission process forward.
- You will have two weeks to accept our offer once admitted although we encourage you to respond ASAP! This of course allows you to move forward with your transition process to W&M should you accept. If you don’t, it allows us to quickly make an offer to another student on the waitlist.
- Please be patient. This process takes time. There’s a lot of back and forth between applicants and our office. Plus our class could change as we receive more enrollment deposits and as students who have already deposited withdraw their applications.
We will repeat this process as needed throughout the coming weeks (or even months) as our incoming transfer cohort continues to take shape. We appreciate everyone’s patience as we work to bring this year’s transfer application process to a close.
Wendy Livingston ’03, M.Ed. ‘09
Associate Dean of Admission