We Admit It! This is definitely a lengthy process. We know you feel like the wait between January 1 and April 1 is an eternity. As we get deeper into the process, we begin to feel the same way, but there’s a light at the end of the reading season tunnel.
Just a quick update on where we are in our process.
- For all intents and purposes, we have downloaded from the Common Application every regular decision application submitted. That means every applicant and his/her parents have received an initial email from us confirming receipt of their Common App.
- We have completed every application that we believe we can with the materials we have in our office. We are in the process of emailing those whose applications remain incomplete to let you know what’s missing and how to submit it. Those emails should be in your in-box by the end of the week. Please respond to them immediately so that we can complete your application and review it.
- The last batch of our likely postcards will be sent in the coming days. Remember, not receiving a postcard does not portend any particular decision. We are still completing the review of numerous files. Plus we have our entire committee process ahead of us.
- As mid-year grades are arriving we are filing those appropriately.
- We will begin our committee process in the coming days so stay tuned for our “Overheard in Committee” blog series.
- We do not yet know our decision release date. We cannot guess at it or predict it. Our process is made up of so many moving parts that there’s really no way to know when decisions will be released until just a few hours before we release them. We will absolutely announce that decisions have been released on our website and social media. We will also post our “Decisions, Decisions” blogs once the decisions are on their way to your in-boxes.
Thank you faithful readers for your patience and for sticking with us through this process. We can see the light at the end of the tunnel. We hope you can too.
Wendy Livingston ’03, M.Ed. ‘09
Associate Dean of Admission