We Admit It! We get pretty pumped about Day for Admitted Students. The final preparations are at hand and the event is a go for this Saturday, April 14. It’s basically a giant party in the Class of 2016’s honor. The entire campus will be on hand (faculty, academic departments, administrative offices, alumni, current students, President Reveley, student performance groups, etc.) to welcome our newly admitted students and their families to the Tribe. If you’re still on the fence about whether or not to attend, here are the top 10 reasons you should make your way to the ‘burg this weekend.
- You can meet the Griffin. He’s been repping the Class of 2016 in style. The Griffin would be sad if you missed out, and no one likes a sad Griffin.
- The Admission Ambassadors have been working hard for months to ensure you have a great day. They won’t let you down.
- Cool W&M swag. Who doesn’t like free swag? If you all don’t come, we’ll definitely take what’s left over.
- Hip-hop dance showcase and an a capella performance all before 9:30am!
- The campus statues come alive the night before (Friday, April 13)! No this isn’t a superstitious, scary thing; it’s the newest AVAdventure in honor of Thomas Jefferson’s birthday. This is a completely unique, entirely W&M way to celebrate one of our most honored alumni.
- It’s I AM W&M Week on campus. Join us in the celebration of individuality and community. One Tribe. One Family.
- Because we said so (hey this works for your parents right?).
- Your first attempt at singing the Alma Mater. Better start early. We love that song around here; it’s kind of our theme song!
- The spring football game is also happening that afternoon. Three cheers for the Tribe.
Let’s give a shout for our colors bold –
We’ll get a Touchdown! Touchdown! Touchdown!
And raise the green and gold!
- Over 900 of your possible future classmates are already registered so what the heck are you waiting for? Register online today (instructions provided in your mailed admission packet).
Come down Saturday and see what all the hype is about. One Tribe. Make it yours.
Wendy Livingston ’03, M.Ed. ‘09
Senior Assistant Dean of Admission