We Admit It! After meeting you on the road and here on campus, communicating with you via email and on the phone, and spending the past several weeks reviewing and discussing your applications, the time is finally here. All freshman admission decisions have been finalized and released. As we are posting this, decision notification emails for those who applied Regular Decision for freshman admission are on their way to your inboxes. Please read the entire list below for pertinent information regarding admission decisions.
- Decisions are sent by email to all applicants. Everyone receives an email regardless of decision.
- Please check spam and junk folders in case the email landed there instead of your inbox.
- Only those who have been admitted will also receive a formal admission packet in the mail. This packet will be arriving in the coming days.
- Decisions are sent to the email address provided in your Common Application. Only students receive decision emails; parents do not.
- William & Mary should appear as the sender and the subject will be either “Good Things” or “William & Mary Admission Decision.”
- For those who also applied to the St Andrews William & Mary Joint Degree Programme:
- If you are admitted to W&M, you will receive another decision email for the joint degree programme tomorrow (Friday).
- If you are not admitted to W&M, your decision for both W&M and the joint degree programme will be in the email you receive tonight.
- As of the posting of this blog, all decision emails have been sent. It can take some time for the emails to leave our server and get to your inbox, but we promise that they are on their way.
- We have provided three additional blogs: one for those admitted, one for those waitlisted and one for those who were denied admission. These blogs will hopefully address any immediate questions you may have and provide more insight on the decisions we have made.
- We are going to sign off for a few hours in order to allow decisions to arrive, be reviewed and digested. We will be back on later this evening to address any questions or concerns.
- Important Note: If your application was complete (meaning you received an email from our office directly stating that your application was complete) and you do not receive a decision, DO NOT PANIC. Simply follow up with us in the coming days during normal business hours (757-221-4223, email@example.com) and we will investigate. Assuming your application was complete and a decision email was launched, we will re-send the decision email, as well as send a copy of that decision in the mail, if requested.
It has been an absolute pleasure to share this journey with you. We are humbled that you chose to share your incredible stories with us. Regardless of the final outcome of your application, please know how much you impressed us. We wish you nothing but the best as you enter the final stages of your college search process.
Assistant Dean of Admission