We Admit It! The time has arrived. Decisions have been made and emails have been launched. Decisions for those who applied Regular Decision for freshman admission are on their way to your inboxes. The bulleted list below has all of the information you need.
- Decisions are sent by email to all applicants. Everyone receives an email regardless of decision.
- Please check spam and junk folders in case the email landed there instead of your inbox.
- Those who are admitted will also receive a formal admission packet in the mail in the coming days.
- Decisions are sent to the email address provided in your Common Application. Only students receive decision emails; parents do not.
- William & Mary should appear as the sender and the subject will be either “Good Things” or “William & Mary Admission Decision.”
- For those who also applied to the St Andrews William & Mary Joint Degree Programme:
- If you are admitted to W&M, you will receive another decision email for the joint degree programme in the next day or so.
- If you are not admitted to W&M, your decision for both W&M and the joint degree programme will be in the email you receive tonight.
- As of the posting of this blog, all decision emails have been sent. It can take some time for the emails to leave our server and get to your inbox but they are on their way.
- We have provided three additional blogs: one for those admitted, one for those waitlisted and one for those who were denied admission. These blogs will hopefully address any immediate questions and provide more insight on the decisions we made.
- If your application was complete (meaning you received an email from us stating as much) and you do not receive a decision, DO NOT PANIC. Please just follow up with us tomorrow during normal business hours and we will investigate. Assuming your application was complete and a decision email was launched, we will send the decision email again that evening and we will send a copy of that decision in the mail.
- Once this blog is posted, we will sign off for a few hours and allow decisions to arrive, be reviewed and digested. We will be back on later this evening to address any questions or concerns.
It has truly been an honor and a pleasure to review each and every one of your applications. We are incredibly humbled that you chose to apply to W&M and to share your incredible story with us. Regardless of the final outcome we have enjoyed taking this journey with you. We wish all of our applicants all of the best as you enter the final stages of your college search process.
Wendy Livingston ’03, M.Ed. ‘09
Associate Dean of Admission